Monday, April 18, 2011

What does heavy lifting have to do with your core?

Did you know that you can work on your abs by lifting weights? What it comes down to is if you’re lifting heavy weights without developing your core strength first, you will injury yourself.

Why? Because you will not be firing the right muscles in the right sequence. Also, if you don’t have proper endurance in your core muscles, you are unable to hold your lumbar spine in a safe and strong position that creates proper posture. When this happens the rest of your muscle won't fire properly. These muscles include especially include your hamstrings, quadriceps and gleuts. Everyone should know that it’s easier to lose fat, gain strength, and get the results you want if all of your muscles are working properly together.

So many people who are lifting heavy needs to have a wake up call and realize their muscles aren’t doing what they’re supposed to be doing. This can be corrected because when one focuses on their core muscles, everything else falls into place. I always tell my clients "keep your core tight, focus on pulling your belly button towards your spine" on each and every exercise. Also since working as a Kinesiologist I have been focusing on teaching my clients the art of T.A activation and how important it is.

What does this all mean? By focusing on proper posture and core during your lifts you can help develop your overall strength as well as abdominals.


2 comments:

  1. Personal Trainers Sydney

    Really trustworthy blog, please keep updating with great posts like this one. I have booked marked your site and am about to email it to a few friends of mine that I know they would enjoy reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boot Camp Sydney

    Articles are created to express different body of knowledge. That is why I admire writers who are passionate of doing such incredible job. I salute you guys. By the way, I like your post; I look forward for your subsequent post’s…

    ReplyDelete