Sunday, April 17, 2011

Running 10km at the 2011 Vancouver Sun Run

Just finished the 2011 Vancouver Sun Run. What a beautiful day. For most of you who know me, you know that I am from an anaerobic sprinting back ground. Having competed at an elite level in the 100m, 200m and the odd 400m for years and years. Well this year I had a very horrible thing happen that has really effected me, and turned my focus to not only working out in the gym, working long hours but also running and coaching a 10km running group for the 2011 sun run. It helped take my mind off of what has been going on in personal life and taught me a lot about patience, pacing. It was challenging, but I am glad that I did it.

The weather in Vancouver was nice, and blessed us with a beautiful sunny day. I head a great time and stopped only once to take my shirt off and run in my sports bra because as you know a sprinter hates to run with a lot of clothes lol.

Here are a few photos from the sun run! I am not sure of my time yet but ill add it to this post once it is posted.





Updated Results:




Placing 2011 Search - Name = "alicia Bell" - All Ages - Showing 1 to 1 of 1

OA M/F Div Age Time Pace Bib Name City

5865 1271 307 F2529 0:53:52 5:24 8:40 18727 Alicia Bell Burnaby, BC





No comments:

Post a Comment