Monday, March 1, 2010

Pro Athletes hire family Members/close friends

Has anyone else noticed that a lot of pro athletes hire family and friends as coaches, managers, assistants etc?

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/us/2010/02/26/pkg.brothers.keeper.cnn?hpt=C2

I have also noticed in this video that they are training at the Disney Wide World of Sports. I got to experience a few weeks at this facility last year with my best friend and Olympian Adrienne Power. It is an amazing facility. Definitely one of a kind. American athletes that get the opportunity to train there are very lucky.

As stated in the video he thinks that it is nice to have someone that cares about you around etc. However this can be a good and a bad thing. I have also seen these relationships grow sour due to trust issues, money issues, stealing and jealousy. I know it occured on multiple occasions with one of my "friends" that plays in the NBA over money and trust. He lost family and friends because of trust issues. Is it worth it to take the risk and have them work for you in the first place? I'm not so sure, however if it works for the better you are very lucky.

No comments:

Post a Comment