Tuesday, May 12, 2009

An Elite Exercise Tip


WoW I have been trying to post this all morning but for some reason my writing was being translated into HINDU lol...fixed that problem lol...oh man too funny

Ok SOOOOOOO I am loving the exercise:
SQUAT to BARBELL PRESS in my workouts right now.

There are a few reasons to this...mainly because I love power exercises and have very strong legs hehe but it can be beneficial to everyone because it will work your quads, glutes and a little of your hamstrings as well as your arms, shoulders and even your core and lower back areas. Almost a total body workout in one exercise! How amazing is that!?!?

Steps:
1. Make sure that your palms are facing forward.
2. Grab the bar and hold it at the top of your chest, just below your shoulders.
3. Squat
- This may be tricky if you aren't an experienced lifter. The best way to squat correctly is to place a chair or bench behind you and stick your butt out as if that chair or bench is just a little bit too far. Keep your chest and head up, and your back straight. Your feet should be shoulder width apart and straight forward.
4. Once you reach 90 degrees in your squat begin to return to the standing position.
5. On your way up begin to press the barbell straight up above your head....thus doing the should press part of the exercise.
6. Return weight to chest level.
7. Repeat for desired amount of reps
8. If you feel stronger and can do more than the bar feel free to add weight...don't forget the clips!
9. If you are a little nervous if it's your first time as a trainer or another member to spot you...its better to be safe than sorry. Also if you don't want to use the bar feel free to use a medicine ball or free weights!
10. HAVE FUN!

:) :) :) COME ON ITS FUN I SWEAR!
This may be a tough exercise but you will get great results from it!

1 comment:

  1. Sorry if my english language is bad. I am from indonesia. I like your articles & your blog is cool. I want to be your friendsI. If you do not mind, I want your visit my blog. rakyatindonesia and indo-online & please leave your comment friends. if the difficulties in language, please use google to translate

    ReplyDelete