Sunday, August 31, 2008

Travels

Sorry that it has been a few days since I've posted. I've been doing a bit of traveling and roaming and a heck of a lot of reflection. For those of you who know me well you know the things that I am talking about.

In a few days I will be heading east.
I am looking very forward to it for a few reasons
1. I need a break from real life to make some HUGE decisions
2. Liz and Trev are getting married and I am bridesmaid
3. I will get to see some good friends who will help me figure things out
4. I LOVE TO TRAVEL

Things I am not looking forward to
1. I have been getting into a good training routine and now I have to step away from it
2. Where the heck am I gonna train in all these places?
3. I have to stay strong and not eat a lot of crap...that will be hard since DONAIRS AND POUTINES are available and so yummy!

Yoga has been going good, but I am still no where near where I should be as far as flexibility goes. I am also trying to figure out what to do now that I am getting fit again I am missing competing in Track more and more. I was speaking with Charles Scarrow the other day and he says that "I am still young." I don't know though. Being fit and being track fit are two different things though. With that being said there is always room for improvement, I still have a long way to go if I want to even think about competing again. Just a little tid bit for you to know...Health Canada reccomends an average of 10, 000 steps a day for "active living." I walk on average an hour a day at a medium pace. I do not have a pedometer though, so I am unsure as to how many steps I accumulate in a day with the walking and day to day activities, so I may even exceed that. How many steps do you take in a day? I am guessing a lot less than me. I may be wrong, but most people these days have desk jobs and drive everywhere. Im not dissing driving or having a desk job, heck with all my traveling, motorcycles and cars I probably have developed a bigger ecological footprint than most. To calculate your ecological footprint go to: http://www.mec.ca/Apps/ecoCalc/ecoCalc.jsp

No comments:

Post a Comment